Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Eagle along the River

The other day on the way to work there was a bald eagle flying along the river just in front of the Bessborough. I stopped and watched for a few mintues (I was late anyway). Tim and the kids had seen an eagle (I'm guessing the same one) a few days ago when travelling to one of their activities. I kicked myself for not having my camera with me.




Yesterday, I got back in touch with a friend I knew in Windsor (probably close to 20 years ago now - wow when it's dated like that it seems crazy!). He asked if I was still into photography. I like taking photos but never seem to have my camera with me - something is amiss there. Most photos I do take are of the kids and their activities and such. So I made the point of at least putting my camera in my pannier this morning so I would have it available if the inspiration arose. There are often so many nice sunrises, sunsets, ducks on the water, EAGLES, lots of interesting views on the way to and from work. There's no reason why some of those images can't be captured and posted here.

Of course, today the eagle was not to be spotted. This morning the temperature was about -25C with the windchill, so my hands complained quickly about being exposed to the cold to snap a few shots. Still I enjoyed the moment to capture these couple of photos. I always find the water with its reflections along the river lovely. Pretty nice view to have on the bike ride to the University. Thanks Rick - these ones are for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment